Saturday, August 7, 2010

Scars of Tignaln

Tignaln was one of the villager boys in Ineudu. He was so precious and had the deepest eyes I have ever seen. He seems to be staring into your soul when he looks at you. He was only six or seven. I knew something was special about this little boy but I couldnt exactly figure it out. He clung to us all week. I noticed the other kids were not very nice to him. He seemed like he only wanted love. His laugh was so contagious. He loved to be tickled. I saw that he always hid his hand where no one could see it. Finally I saw the reason why. His whole hand was scarred up. It looked like he had been burnt very badly. He couldnt even function properly with his hand. I could tell he was embarrassed by his scars. So, I got a translator to tell him that I thought his scars were very cool! I told him it showed that he was strong. I even showed him all of my scars. A huge smile swept across his face as he slowly uncovered his scars. I told him that if I was him I would show everyone my cool scars so they would know how strong he is. Later that day I saw him playing with both of his hands. I pray this precious little boy will be set free from the embarrassment and insecurities of his scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment