Friday, July 9, 2010

Aventures of Courtney and Brittany

Courtney has not only been my roomie for the past 2 months, but also my ministry partner, and adventure partner. We are very different, but we have so much fun together. When we are going to do something, Muss always tell us to have fun and be responsible...we tell he I will have fun and she will be responsible. I am very sad that she is leaving me next week. I will always remember the fun times and the awesome God moments we shared. I wanted to dedicate this post to our adventures in Africa. Well at the beginning of the summer we got lost, by ourselves, in Tamale. Tamale is a big city about an hour and half away. We were to grocery shop :) Well...we did our shopping in the city and then called Muss, who was driving us. He dropped us off then left. However, his phone was dead! So we were in the middle of the city, surrounded by Africans who barely spoke English and did not have a way to get in touch with Muss. If we were not a side show already by being the only white people, we carried huge boxes of groceries around the city. I tried carrying it on my head, but its not as easy as they make it look. We went and sat int he middle of the median, thinking that was the best place. Some Ghanaian told us we were trying to commit suicide so we moved. After an hour of searching we finally found him by God's grace. If we had not gotten lost we would have missed out on some awesome snickers ice cream we found in a store!
I will also miss the long rides in the back of a pick up, driving a stick shift in Yendi (which neither on of us are professionals so say the least), dodging goats, killing, plucking, cleaning, cutting, and cooking an organic chicken; baking cakes in an outside African oven, random misfortunes we laugh at (like a huge log falling out of a tree giving her a concussion, slashing her leg open in the market, and me getting electric shocked twice, burning my hands and catching the kitchen on fire.....
I will miss our fun times, but that's what life is all about-forming relationships, loving, and living life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment