Saturday, July 24, 2010

Yisa

Sometimes we meet people we will never forget. Yisa is one of those people for me. Yisa is a crippled man who is on fire for the Lord. He is in an "african wheel chair" (which is a hand operated 3 wheeled contraption made for the dirt roads) He is a church leader for his village. If this is not enough he has planted over 15 churches around his village. This would not be that big of a deal if he had some sort of modern transportation, but he travels miles and miles and miles in the scorching hot sun on his "hand bike." He pours everything he has into the Kingdom of God. He is such an inspiration to me because there were some days I just didn't feel like going to the village or my back or head hurt. But, after meeting Yisa, I was reminded that God will supply the strength we need to complete His work. Everyday this man travels hours to disciple these churches and not once has he complained his arms hurt or he is tired from pushing all his wait with his arms, not to mention on the horrible roads of Africa. In fact he is one of the most joyful, humble, and thankful people I have met. It is humanly impossible, so I conclude that the hand of God must be pushing him. I told Yisa that I will always remember him and his dedication to the expansion of the Kingdom of God. I told him I would tell many people in America his story so that his life would inspire many people, even across the world. So if you are reading this please tell someone about the dedicated life of Yisa. And may his life inspire us to be ready- in season and out, crippled or well, on the mountain or in the valley- to always be mindful and dedicated to the Great Commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment