Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just a walkin...

So yesterday I made the decision to walk to and from school. I heard there was a short cut, so I decided to take it :) So, I set off on my journey to school around 6:30. I walked and walked and walked. There were many many different trails and paths to choose. I usually took the one that was less traveled. So I passed many people, schools, and through peoples compounds. I was walking in total confidence so no one knew I was absolutely lost. I just smiled and sung songs. I spoke with everyone I saw on the way...So, I finally decided to ask someone where the school was. He laughed because a teacher could not find her own school. He pointed me in the right direction and I arrived around 7:18. I found out I totally went the wrong direction at first, but I loved just a walkin and talkin to people on the way. I decided to walk home and master the "short cut." I made it about 15 minutes quicker this time! I also walked this morning. It is a great challenge to find the short cut, but I am confident I will master it by December.

1 comment:

  1. Thats so amazing Brittany. Hey girl are you staying there longer? How long are you gonna live in Africa. I've been praying for a couple of weeks and really a few months now but i think next summer i'd like to go to Africa. Its really been on my heart and i think about it all the time and have been praying about it and we will just see what God says.

    ReplyDelete