Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Witch Village

Last week we were able to go the the witch village. This is a place where villages send women and men who practice witch craft. Most have killed people. The people in this village will die there. They live alone in their own little hut. Sometimes, the village will send one of their children to help care for them if they are not too dangerous. I had been looking forward to going all summer. I did not really know what to expect. I half way expected boiling pots where they made magic potions lol. They were very normal. I was very broken for them. They are outcast and untouchables. They had no hope for the future because they would die there. I found great joy in loving on these people and showing them the love of Christ. The truth is that they are accepted in Christ. He died for them too. They need love. I loved that we had something great to offer them. Hope for eternity in Heaven! They were so grateful. You could tell they were starving for love and acceptance. If I ever come back, I want to stay in the witch village. Pray for these men and women. Pray they will know they are accepted and dearly loved by the One who gave His life for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment